RE: Help defining carousel

Siri,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Here is what I have so far for a first paragraph:

        A carousel presents a set of items, referred to as slides, by rotating, i.e., horizontally scrolling,  a subset of the slides into view at a time. Typically, one slide is made visible at a time, and rotation automatically starts when the page loads. In some implementations, rotation automatically stops once all the slides have been displayed. While a slide may contain any type of content, image carousels where each slide contains nothing more than a single image are common.

Does this capture the essence of a carousel?

Note that we do not want any implementation details in the descriptive paragraph. Also, we typically do not include non-ARIA related accessibility requirements, e.g., contrast, in the patterns.

While nesting carousels sounds completely insane, if someone is crazy enough to do it, couldn’t it be done in an accessible way? Usability is surely an issue, but I would assume that applies equally to all people and is not necessarily a disastrously worse problem for people with disabilities.

Best,

Matt