Re: APG build fail

I believe this is related to the sporadic non-functionality of Respec
that I've been seeing for weeks now. Shane has worked with the systems
people on this, and they did something to make it happen less often, but
it still happens. In particular, it seems that to get respec-enabled
documents to display properly in some browsers it requires a refresh
[Chrome] (in other browsers [Firefox] even that doesn't work and it's
just random luck as to whether Respec works). Because the spec-generator
service doesn't refresh, it just fails. Shane said the spec-generator
doesn't use a browser, but it does seem to me to fail in the same
frequency that browsers do

I still don't know what is causing the failure - a change in browser
security models, some subtle thing in the source of our documents that
isn't obvious, a change to W3C anti-denial of service practices, some
strange bug in Respec - so I haven't known who to file a bug report
with. Shane's attempt to work with the W3C systems people seems to have
produced some results but not resolved the problem; I believe they're
having a hard time duplicating the problem even though I see it on
nearly every document I work with.

I've been thinking of trying to come up with a workaround to this, by
including Respec as a library in our repositories rather than pointing
to its location on the W3C server, but until I get the aria-common
library working I won't know how to make that work. I've also thought of
trying to install the spec generator locally within the build script
rather than rely on the online version (that fails a lot in the best of
circumstances), but the documentation is atrocious and I can't figure
out how to get started. It's all on my todo list, and perhaps I need to
escalate with more knowledgeable people.

In the meantime, since the problem seems to be sporadic, you can always
try to restart the build. For practices, go to
https://travis-ci.org/w3c/aria-practices/ and hit "Restart build". I
just tried this and it didn't work, but sometimes I have seen it work.

Michael