Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

I think this could also cover touch keyboards on mobile devices where
the user relies on echo to know which char is to be selected for input.
Clearly, there are situations with mobile (and anywhere, actually) when
echo is perfectly OK. At other times it may be necessary to go find
those headphones.

We worked on this quite a bit with Chase Bank's talking ATMs while I was
at AFB years ago. We determined echo could be acceptable even in public
environs, leaving it to the user to judge whether anyone else was also
close enough to hear what was echoed.

I think the main concern is to avoid surprises from the technology, the
case where echo shows on screen, but not via the AT.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka, Phone: +1.443.300.2200
   sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net