Re: Updated Schema Architypes Straw Man Proposal

To answer both Jane and Owen….

The semantics (no pun intended) I was trying to convey in my possibly
contrived example was this:

   - The *AudioObject* *Sound recording of … My Grandfather’s Forehead ..*
      - Has a URI of
      https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8/3
      - Is an *ArchiveItem*
      - It is *isPartOf* an *ArchiveCollection* with the URI

*https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8
      <https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8> *
   - There is an *ArchiveCollection* with the URI
   https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8
      - Which contains Sound Recordings about Ronnie Barker
      - It *hasPart*
*https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8/3
      <https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8/3>*
      - It is also *partOf* another ArchiveCollection with the* URI
**https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407
      <https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407>*
      - It could be considered as a sub-collection of that other collection

      - There is an *ArchiveCollection* with the URI
   https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407
      - It contains other collections
      - It contains an *ArchiveCollection* with the URI
      https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8
      - It potentially does not directly contain individual *ArchiveItem*s

In this case the example *ArchiveItem* can be considered to be *partOf* the
sub-collection <*https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8
<https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407/8>*> and, because
that is also partOf the main collection, it is also partOf that as well.
For identifying and sharing the relationship using structured data however,
it would not be necessary, and possibly even confusing for consumers, to
explicitly assert that.

As I say, my example may be contrived to demonstrate the possibility of
collections within collections.

To answer Jane with regard to *archiveHeld* …

The example indicates that one of the *archiveHeld* (held, kept or
maintained by) by the *Archive* organization (“V&A Theatre and Performance
Collections”) is https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407/thm/407
(The Ronnie Barker Collection).

It also indicates, using the *location* property of *ArchiveCollection*,
that the Ronnie Barker Collection is located at the “V&A Theatre and
Performance Collections” Archive.  Although looking like the reverse of a
similar relationship these two statements are defining different things.
Imagine for example that the “V&A Theatre and Performance Collections”
Archive was responsible for the Ronnie Barker Collection, but it was housed
at the British Museum. In such a case the *location* property becomes
important.

Finally, Jane:

 If we did use something like collectionSize then that would imply top
level (collection level)

Why would it imply anything other than the size of the *ArchiveCollection*
being described, be it a sub-collection, a single collection, a
collection containing sub-collections?

~Richard.