Re: Updated Schema Architypes Straw Man Proposal

There’s a group of us working through the strawman here in the US and we had a question about dates.  We’d like to have separate properties for the start date of the collection and the end date of an archival object rather than recording a string in temporalCoverage.  We noticed that similar properties are available on CreativeWorkSeries.  We realize that ISO8601 allows us to record date ranges, but because archival management systems such as AToM allows us to record different types of dates, it may be difficult to consistently translate that data to and from the unified schema property.

For what it’s worth, we are currently working on testing out the architypes model for both agent and collection level records, paying particular attention to DACS/ISAAR-CPF/ISAD(G) standards.  I should have more feedback in the next couple of weeks.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Russey Roke
Digital Archivist
Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, & Rare Book Library
404.727.2345 | erussey@emory.edu

"The Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, & Rare Book Library collects and connects stories of human experience, promotes access and learning, and offers opportunities for dialogue for all wise hearts who seek knowledge.”

Read the Rose Library blog: https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/marbl/

Like the Rose Library on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/emorymarbl

Follow the Rose Library on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmoryRoseMARBL