Re: Alt Proposal discussions: ArchiveProperties vs ArchiveUnit

Yes, I like ArchiveComponent.  It is reasonably user friendly too.  That means, between at least the three of us….which I admit is not a wide group of people to represent archives….we seem to agree that ArchiveComponent might be the best term for whatever group of materials you are describing.

This might work well for US colleagues and others who use EAD, as it is used to describe any unit of description (unit of archive).

cheers
Jane