Re: Discussion about previous proposal

Hi there,

Following on from Owen’s example, I thought I would share the basic idea I have (applying to ‘collection' only for now):

 Richard’s proposal:

#An ArchiveCollection <http://archive.example.com/boolarchive>
a schema:ArchiveCollection;
schema:name "The Boolean Papers Collection:;
schema:creator "Sir Binary Boolean";
schema:accessAndUse "Public view, in archive location, no image reproductions";
schema:itemLocation <http://archive.example.com>.

Archives Hub example:

#An ArchiveCollection < https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407 >
a schema:ArchiveCollection;
schema:name Ronnie Barker Collection
schema:dateCreated 1929/2005
schema:creator Ronnie Barker
schema:url https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/407

schema:about Television comedy
schema:about Radio comedy
schema:about Musical comedy
schema:mentions  Corbett,  Ronnie. ( 1930-2016)
schema: provider V&A Theatre and Performance Archive

Richard says:

>> try to mark up your resources describing as fully as possible the attributes of those resources that would be of relevance and interest to search engines and the wider web

I had thought that really want we wanted was the core information and the aboutness, as I’m thinking of discovery.  I can’t see that I would want to map the whole description into schema.org….we’d start getting into creating a whole raft of properties, reflecting ISAD(G) and EAD and we would be including paragraphs of text.

I thought that having subjects and names would be important, as for discovery these are the usual access points.

Does this make any sense?  It is only a starting point

cheers
Jane