Re: Discussion about previous proposal

So from what I can see the additional new (to sdo) properties we are talking about for ArchivedItem are:

accessAndUse (Details of conditions of access and use of the item(s).)
itemDescription (A document describing the item and/or its curation, history, etc.)
itemLocation (The [current] location of the item)
itemProvenance (Ownership history.)
itemTransfer (Transfer of item between places.)

We also have three properties that already

hasPart (currently available to CreativeWork)
isPartOf (currently available to CreativeWork)
itemCondition (currently available to Product)

I’m not yet convinced any of this is unique to an item in an archive. To take the most obvious example to me - these could all apply to a rare book in a library as much to an item in an archive.
I can see a problem with itemCondition only currently being available to Product, but I think that applies more generally.

Is this a useful point to pick up some of the discussion? I’m not quite sure the best place to start - it just happens that this was the question that led me here :)

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com