Re: Archive Collection and Archived Item

Hi Richard,

thank you for further explanation.

I'm sorry, but I still don't get your point.

ArchivedItem is "an item in an archival collection", so it is included
in an archival collection by definition. Putting ArchiveCollection as a
sub-class of ArchivedItem, means that ArchiveCollection is a type of
ArchivedItem, which is not consistent with the definition of
ArchiveCollection ("A collection and/or archive of physical or digital
items").

 From your words, I understand that your choice was driven by the need
for specific properties. If that's the case, I wonder why we can't
simply extend the properties of Thing, or find anyway some other solution.

Giovanni