Re: Proposal for an 'Archive' Type

-1 to  say an Archive is a kind of LocalBusiness.

In the description:

> A particular physical business or branch of an organization. Examples of LocalBusiness include a restaurant, a particular branch of a restaurant chain, a branch of a bank, a medical practice, a club, a bowling alley, etc.

If anything, the name "LocalBusiness" is what is wrong. This just
means an physical presence of an organization, like a shop, branch,
office, venue - but in particular that is somewhat open for consumers
(opening hours and payment options).

This explanation still makes sense for a regular Library (even if it's
not a Business), but not for say Pentagon, and I would argue not for
many kinds of Archives.

Does an Archive have to be physical? So https://archive.org/ and
http://zenodo.org/ doesn't count - none of the LocalBusiness
properties make sense there.

I thought we were particularly also supporting digital archives here.

Physical archives like the Svalbard Global Seed Vault has as a main
feature that it is *not* open nor accessible and I don't see why this
should come up as a LocalBusiness in Svalbard.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab
School of Computer Science