Re: Archive as a collection of things

Of course I like this matching, and I would go for it.

However - I'm sorry for being repetitive - I hope we'll have time later
to discuss and tweak these labeling issues. Labels are just labels, on
the one hand. On the other hand, we should keep in mind that a
professional and scientific community is grounded upon its own jargon,
because it is a fundamental element of identity. In this sense, a label
is not just a label. So I would handle labels with care, because we can
use Foo or Whatever, but if we use Archives or Archive we should be
aware that there is a huge amount of conceptualization behind those
terms. In many contries - including Italy - an Archives and a Collection
are two different things, while in common language they may look very
similar.

Labels are just labels. However, what if I ask you to use - for some
reason of consistency or whatever - the term "delicateware" or
"gentleware" in place of "software"--after all, they look very similar
to me, and labels are just labels :-)

Joking apart, I'm sure there will be some time later to deal with these
issues in a systematic way.

Giovanni