Re: Proposal for an 'Archive' Type

Hi Richard et al.,

Sorry for dropping into the conversation late. But what happens here if
there are multiple outlets for a single archival organisation (multiple
reading rooms)? The National Archives of Australia is one such example
which in some ways is a single collection, but which has reading rooms in
multiple states and territories.

Would these be recorded separately? Would one need to be chosen as a
'parent' organisation or head office and the others related as
subsidiaries? Or is there room for a conceptual parent? I ask because while
I can see LocalBusiness working for individual reading rooms, where
organisations have distributed outlets there seems to be another type of
entity involved here - in addition to the specific outlets - which operates
at a higher level.

Mike

--
*Mike Jones*