Re: I've created a Related Standards page for the group; X3D for AR

On 11/23/2012 7:29 PM, Rob Manson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a new page for our group to capture information about all of the relevant standards that are enabling the Augmented Web.
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/ar/related-standards/
>
> I've added a fairly comprehensive list with good links to all of the published specifications, their publishing working groups and other relevant information.
>
> I've also added a link to http://caniuse.com for each of them so you can easily see how widely each standard/API has been adopted.
>
> If you think there's anything I've missed please let me know.

Thanks Rob.  It's great to see lots of activity on multiple fronts.

Please also add X3D Graphics to your list.  The following blurb is a bit long but, as you see, we have a done a lot of work already.  Thanks.

The non-profit Web3D Consortium [1] produces Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics, the international standards for real-time 3D communication on the Web.
The X3D Working Group is considering and consolidating multiple proposals to add AR extensions to X3D [2].
The Augmented Reality Roadmap for X3D [3] is expected to be further harmonized with the fundamentally important work of X3DOM [4], the Declarative 3D for the Web Architecture Community Group [5], and ISO Standards Committee SC 24 Working Group 9 [6] efforts to support an Augmented Reality Reference Model (ARRM).  This composition of requirements, backed by multiple implementations, is expected to eventually result in the next-generation specification for X3D version 4.0.  Web3D is a W3C member, holds a formal liason agreement with OGC [7], and consults closely with a number of other standardization activities including the Khronos Group [8] and the AR Standards Group (ARSG) [9].

Links:
[1] http://www.web3d.org/x3d
[2] http://web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_Augmented_Reality
[3] http://web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Augmented_Reality_Roadmap_for_X3D