AR Standards Community Scope and Web-based AR

From: Christine Perey <cperey@perey.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 23:16:02 +0100
To: Rob Manson <roBman@mob-labs.com>
CC: discussion@arstandards.org, public-ar@w3.org
>> CP: 1. Will this not run the risk of fragmenting the community and run
>> contrary to the goals of all the community members?
>
> RM: I don't believe so.  This would be like saying the OGC's ARML
> activity is fragmenting the ARStandards.org work too...which I don't
> believe is the case.
/CP: This is not a good analogy because the AR Standards Community *does
not* seek to develop standards while the OGC ARML 2.0 SWG *is* a
Standards development activity.//
//
//The Augmented Web also (like AR Standards Community) does not seek to
develop standards.//
/

> <snip>
>
> RM: So there are many things that the ARStandards.org community will
> discuss that do not directly relate to the Augmented Web. And in
> reverse there are specifically Web related topics that the Augmented
> Web group will discuss that many within the ARStandards.org community
> may see as a distraction.
/CP: I think that everyone in AR Standards Community is interested in
Web-related topics that impact AR. But, yes, there are other topics of
interest as well./
> <snip>
> RM: I think cross posting makes good sense in a lot of cases and I'm
> happy to take charge of that if you would like this.  But there are
> also things that the Augmented Web community should be discussing that
> are not just standards related and I think many people on the
> ARStandards.org discussion list may see this as irrelevant or a
> distraction.
/CP: Yes, at this point, ///please cross post/. Thanks!/

Christine