Re: Moving forward with XHR2 and AC

Jonas - would please elaborate on your concerns regarding these three
comments/issues? I would like to see the WG get consensus on these
before we propose advancing the spec to Last Call.

More explicit details below.

-Regards, Art Barstow

On May 25, 2008, at 1:30 PM, ext Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I changed my mind on several things below.
>> On Fri, 16 May 2008 13:37:54 +0200, Anne van Kesteren
>> <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> XMLHttpRequest Level 2
>>>
>>> * Depends on XMLHttpRequest Level 1 feedback: http://dev.w3.org/
>>> 2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/disposition-of-comments-2
>>> * It needs an introduction at some point. (Though not per se for
>>> Last Call I suppose.)
>> This is both still true though I made some progress incorperating
>> feedback. (Need to make sure everything relevant made
>> XMLHttpRequest 2 too though.
>>> Access Control for Cross-Site Requests
>>>
>>> * Need to deal with Access-Control-Policy-Path normalization
>> Done.
>
> I think we do need to deal with this. Just leaving it be will I
> think will cause exploitable servers out there.

Do you have a counter-proposal and/or other inputs on what should be
done?

>>> * Need to figure out if we want the server to whitelist headers/
>>> methods (we had methods before and then dropped it)
>> I changed my mind on this. Given the reply from Björn in
>> particular I don't think there's anything that needs to be done here.
>
> I strongly disagree here. Sorry about being slow to reply, will
> make sure that happens today.

Looking forward to your comments.

>>> * Need to figure out if we want the server to opt in to cookies/
>>> credentials
>> I rejected this proposal in another e-mail.
>
> Same thing here.

Again, looking forward to your comments.