Re: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests

There has been rather more to-ing and fro-ing than actual work, it seems.

I am happy to schedule a teleconference, and to ensure that Anne is
available (as editor of XHR I think he is a critical resource). But we
need to establish an agenda. (I am also trying to organise a face to face
meeting to ensure that we can work as rapidly as possible - people are
implementing stuff now and I would hate things to slow down to the point
where people effectively opt out of the standards process and just ship
something different).

Before trying to schedule a teleconference, we need an agenda. As Maciej
and others have noted, these are potentially complicated issues and we
need to have reading time before the meeting in order to avoid wasting
valuable teleconference time.

The results of the survey on simply sopting IE's approach were pretty
conclusive. The reasons given seem pretty clear, such as a desire not to
fork requests in the first place, a belief that moving security risk from
the implementation of requests to each specific use of a request actually
increases the risk for end-users.

Microsoft apparently feels that there are reasons to implement something
other than the standard approach being developed, since they did so and I
presume it was not from bloody-mindedness or ignorance. In order to
usefully address these issues we need to understand them. Which means we
are waiting on Microsoft to provide written feedback.

Given the months that elapsed between the last time feedback was promised
and when it was delivereed, I am reluctant to schedule teleconferences
before such feedback is provided, at least sufficient to justify holding a
teleconference.

cheers

Chaals (as chair, webapi woring group)