Re: [AC] Helping server admins not making mistakes

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:56:21 +0200, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> I took a look back to see what AC looked like back in Feb. 2007:
>
> * http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-access-control-20070215/
>
> and the spec was very short and says "The policy described is only safe
> for
> HEAD and GET requests. " Things have changed quite a bit since then.

Not really, it's just that we thought it made more sense to put the policy
that was specific to XMLHttpRequest (part of XMLHttpRequest Level 2 at
that time) into Access Control. The overall scope has not really changed
since the initial proposal from Ian Hickson on the public-webapi list.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>