Re: Proposal for a way to avoid a round-trip on every POST when dealing with large numbers of URIs

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2008-01-30 22:09:57 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
> > When a 200 OK OPTIONS response has this header with a path that doesn't
> > match its own URI (as defined above), any Access-Control headers,
> > <?access-control?> PIs, and Method-Check-Max-Age headers are ignored.
>
> I suspect that you intend "match" to mean both a prefix match and an
> exact match?

I meant that when a 200 OK OPTIONS response has the header with a path
which, after adding a leading slash if a leading slash is not present, is
not an exact match for the path component of the URI of the 200 OK
response itself, any Access-Control headers, <?access-control?> PIs, and
Method-Check-Max-Age headers are ignored. This is really just reiterating
what is already specified (through implication) by the rest of the
proposal, which is why it doesn't use RFC2119 terminology.