Re: [access-control] Editorial comments on Requirements Appendix v1.137

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:27:48 +0100, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:
> Just one comment, Jonas said "Most content authors are not adverse in
> any type of programming" but don't many people use script hacks to get
> the desired functionality?  It seems to be the issue is not about
> whether the content author can do programming, but whether the program
> will run in the browser or the server.

We want to make it as easy as humanly possible for an author to share his
resource cross-site. Adding the processing instruction at the top of an
XML file is by far the easiest way to achieve that. More complicated is
adding a header through .htaccess or so though that's probably still easy
enough.

I'd also like to point out that we want to get beyond where we are today.
For instance, cross-site XSLT is impossible today and becomes very easy
using Access Control. It can be done just by using static files where
Apache will take care of the caching, etc. for you. The same goes for XBL
which you also link towards in a declarative matter (most often through
CSS I expect).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>