Re: Access Control: integrated Requirements, Use Cases and FAQ

Dave, Anne, All,

On Jan 19, 2008, at 1:36 PM, ext David Orchard wrote:

> The Working Group has not talked about or agreed to integrating the
> requirements and use cases into the access control spec.  In fact, we
> had a discussion last week about going to Note on document.  I don't
> mind not editing the requirements document if that's bothering you,

Dave is correct - on Jan 16 we agreed to put the UCs, requirements,
etc. in a WG Note. Again, I think the highest priority is to document
this information and I remain mostly indifferent as to whether this
documentation is captured in a non-normative part of the spec or a
separate WG Note.

However, since Dave is agreeable to not continuing to edit the
requirements document my recommendation is to just use the spec.

> but I'd like these changes to be backed out because they do not
> have any WG
> consensus.

As Anne mentioned in his reply to this thread [1], our working mode
is for the Editor to capture inputs, discussions, etc. in an Editor's
Draft (ED) and for the other WG members to submit comments against
the ED. In this case, we know Jonas supports the addition of these
requirements and I also voiced my support for adding them [2]. Thus I
view Anne's action as being consistent with our current working model.

Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://www.w3.org/mid/op.t46xbhmm64w2qv@annevk-t60.oslo.opera.com>
[2] <http://www.w3.org/mid/506BCFA4-B426-462E-92F3-
EED3A2D59683@nokia.com>