Re: [waf] minutes from 9 January 2008 Voice Conf (fwd)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:43:46 +0100, Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:
> And if the market is still deciding (whatever that really means), why
> bother with the standards process at this point in time anyway?

Well, we don't want four different proprietary solutions. It initially
looked like this was going to be another XMLHttpRequest, but mostly thanks
to Ian (if I remember correctly) it went throug the W3C. It also gives us
wider input on the design and while there are constraints we have been
able to make changes for the better, such as moving the allowed methods on
the Access-Control / <?access-control?> mechanism and introducing the
Access-Control HTTP header. And depending on who you ask today's change is
also a good improvement.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>