Re: [waf] New Charter proposal

Hi, Art-

Arthur Barstow wrote (on 1/7/08 10:24 AM):

> On Jan 6, 2008, at 8:48 PM, ext Mark Nottingham wrote:
>
>> My feedback is that the proposed charter is far too broad. There's
>> already a substantial spread in the existing working groups, and
>> combining them multiplies it; you'd be working on protocols, APIs,
>> security mechanisms, DOM extensions, widgets and a major new XML
>> language.
>
> What do you mean by "new XML language"?

I suspect he's referring to XBL2.  "XML language" usually doesn't mean
the XML language itself, but rather an "application of XML" or "XML
dialect").

To be clear, the WebApps WG has no intent to reformulate XML, though it
certainly may provide feedback to the XML Core WG if that group does so.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI