Re: ISSUE-20: Client and Server model [Access Control]

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:24:31 +0100, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:
> If the views are mutually exclusive and people disagree and file formal
> objections, then the doc may never get to CR.  As per the process
> document
> (http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGArchiveMinor
> ityViews), the related request to advance a document through the process
> may be reviewed by the Director wrt to the objection.  It could easily
> be that the Director would send an LC request back to the WD phase and
> directing that there are stronger attempts at gaining consensus are done
> or even that the decision is reversed.

Yes, I realize that. I meant to say to address this during the transition
call (from LC to CR).

> I think the issue was just raised on Dec 20th, [...]

Mark Nottingham raised this ages ago. It has been considered and for
reasons mentioned by Ian Hickson in that thread you refer to we didn't go
with it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>