Re: ISSUE-20: Client and Server model [Access Control]

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:47:10 +0100, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why you think CR is the right time for this issue.

Because the two views are mutually exlusive.

> CR is a time to test whether the specification works and there are a WG
> specific number of interoperable implementations.

You try to get implementations during CR.

> That is way past the
> time for doing major design decisions like whether PEP should only be
> server or may be client.  If the specification changes substantially at
> CR, such as changing a PEP decision, then the spec would go way back to
> WD.  Perhaps a half year change to go through WD, LC, CR again?

Well, yes. However, it does not seem that the WG is convinced by the other
approach and that therefore it is best to treat it as a formal objection
and deal with it when going to CR.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>