RE: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> OK, so list the server-side technologies I'm allowed to use and I'll see
> if I can safely allow cross-domain access without communicating the
> access policy to the client.

The requirements I listed at the bottom of:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008Jan/0012.html

...are the main constraints, as far as I'm aware. (Note that one of them
is what you've been asking for -- that the server make the decision -- and
as far as I can tell, that's exaclty what the currently proposed
specification does. I don't really understand your objection to the
current proposal, other than it being "not simple enough", but Jonas'
point about having to be "as simple as possible but no simpler" certainly
seems to apply here.)