Re: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:45:02 +0100, Close, Tyler J. <tyler.close@hp.com>
wrote:
> Who said anything about trusting web content authors? Like I said, a
> mechanism like the one this WG has designed may well be deployed
> server-side. We just don't have to rely on the browser to understand the
> mechanism and enforce it. This same program logic can reside server-side.

It's the authors that need to deploy this on their server. The concept is
based around that. To keep it safe per resource seems a whole lot better
than per "server". It seems to me that we (fundamentally, maybe) disagree
how this should work. I'll make sure your objection to the approach
outlined in the specification and the proposed alternative are given
consideration during the CR transition call; when we get there.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>