Re: CSR and Mozilla - Clarifying HTTP Header Filtering

mike amundsen wrote:
> I've read some threads that lead to me think that the Mozilla plan is
> to block certain HTTP Headers in their implementation of CSR. I can't
> find any details on this and would like some clarification.
>
> What, if any, HTTP Headers are going to be disallowed? Is this for all
> HTTP Methods?

First off, note that there are no particular headers disallowed when
using the access-control spec in general. I.e. any headers normally sent
with a request will be sent for cross-site requests that use the
access-control spec.

We do however limit which headers can be set using the
XMLHttpRequest.setRequestHeader method. Looking at the code it currently
only allows "accept" and "accept-language". Not actually sure what this
very short list was based on. I do think we should at the very least
also allow "content-type". If you have any further suggestions for
headers that you think would be safe, do let me know.

/ Jonas