Re: Proposal for ... POST when dealing with large numbers of URIs

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I haven't actually decided how to deal with this situation. My plan was
> to actually remove all entries that match a certain URI when entering a
> new one. So if /foo/bar/ gives me a cache policy under /foo/bar/
> (leaving out the full URI for now) and /foo/baz/ gives me a policy for
> /foo/ entering the /foo/ entry would mean deletion of /foo/bar/.

That seems very clean to me. I like it.

By the way, I think it would be good to make sure that any informative
section of the spec made it very clear that all this is only about the
allowing of doing a non-GET request in the first place, and that none of
this has any effect on whether the UA eventually allows the Web page to
_read_ the text of the response. That's exclusively up to the headers
included with that response.