method check result cache? (was: Re: Review of 22 Jan editor's draft)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:46:21 +0100, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
>>> - The authorization request cache isn't actually an authorization
>>>   request cache, but an authorization decision cache.  The current
>>>   name is confusing at least.
>
>> I think the current name is consistent with "authorization
>> request" and I rather keep it that way.
>
> The specification defines authorization requests.  These requests
> are *not* what is cached.  Therefore, "authorziation request cache"
> is simply the wrong name for that thing.

Ok. What about naming the request "method check request" and the cache the
"method check result cache". This would also be consistent with the HTTP
headers that we have and we might add (Method-Check-Policy-Path).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>