Re: Cloning XBL bound elements

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:14:03 +1000
To: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

Jonas Sicking:
> Like I said in my original posting, that won't work with state that you
> need to keep private. Basically here is what would fail:
> …

Sorry, I glossed over your original mail and didn’t see you mentioned
the UserDataHandler (and why it wouldn’t work).

> So in order to set the private data in the clones binding the binding
> has to expose some API that lets to set the private data directly.
> However this would mean that the data is no longer private and anyone
> could at any time change it.

Right.  So after reading your mail properly, I agree that D would be
most useful: have in effect a default copy constructor which can be
overridden (by having a function on the implementation object) in case a
shallow copy of the properties of the private object isn’t sufficient.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/