[widgets-reqs] re: the word "currently" (Comment 1) (was: Comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-widgets-reqs-20070209)

From: Marcos Caceres <m.caceres@qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 14:55:21 +1000
To: bert@w3.org, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

This is a response to Bert Bos' review [1] of the Widgets 1.0
Requirements document [2].

> Here are the details:
>
>   1. Introduction
>
> COMMENT 1) What does "currently" mean in the sentence "the host runtime
> environment typically includes APIs that provides [sic] functionality
> that is currently specific to widgets"? Are you planning to extend the
> requirements to other things than widgets in the next draft? And if so,
> to what?

"Currently" refers to APIs of the widget engines we investigated in
order to put the requirements document together (see Appendix). I have
created a new section in the Appendix of the requirements document to
more fully discuss the APIs available on current widget engines. This
sections is currently empty and I will attempt to fill in the next
month or so. For the record, we are not planning to extend the
requirements to anything other than widgets.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2007Feb/0131.html