Request for Comments on Widget Signing Proposal

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:51:07 -0400
Cc: public-appformats@w3.org, "Immonen Olli (Nokia-NRC/Helsinki)" <olli.immonen@nokia.com>
To: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-SIR/Boston)" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>, public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org, public-wsc-wg@w3.org

Frederick, Mez, Web Security Context WG and XML Security
Specifications Maintenance WG,

First some background information and then a request ...

The Web Application Formats (WAF) WG [WAF] is working on
specification for Widgets (=Web Applications). We have published two
related documents:

1. Widgets Requirements

2. Widgets specification

(Newer Editor's Drafts of the above documents are available in our
CVS Repo [WAF-CVS].)

One of the requirements we identified is to digitally sign a Widget
(e.g. one or more of the files in the Widget's ZIP). Olli Immonen
created the following proposal to address this requirement. His
proposal uses the XML Signature spec:

Regarding the request - we seek comments on the above signing
proposal from you and/or the members of your Working Group. The
comments may be submitted on behalf of individuals or if you prefer,
on behalf of your WG.

All - please submit all comments to the WAF WG's Public mail list:

Art Barstow
Chair of the WAF WG

[WAF] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2007Apr/
[WAF-CVS] <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/>