Re: XBL2 (fwd)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Jean-Guilhem Rouel wrote:

> I've put the document at it's final location [1]. It's almost ready for
> publication but there is a little problem in it.
>
> [1]http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xbl-20070117/

Thanks!

> The expectations about the stability of the document are missing the
> following sentence: "This is a draft document and may be updated,
> replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is
> inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in progress.". I
> think this sentence is important and needed, as the pubrules say.
> Therefore, can you add this sentence?

The sentence is wrong -- the draft is not going to be replaced or
obsoleted at any time; indeed, it is pretty stable; implementations might
well be starting during the time this draft is out and we don't think it
is inappropriate. The pubrules say that "It MUST set expectations about
the (in)stability of the document", and says the text you quote is
RECOMMENDED; thus the text in the draft does indeed set expectations about
the stability of the document: "This specification is considered stable.
No major normative changes will be made to this specification going
forward. However, publication as a Working Draft does not imply
endorsement by the W3C Membership". I believe this satisfies the pubrules.

Is that ok?

Cheers,