Re: [XBL] Loading style sheets

Ian Hickson a écrit :

>> In the spec, in 99% of the case, when something is in error, it is
>> ignored.
>> I found few exceptions: script are evaluated and the case of non-XML
>> stylesheet. This seems to me really weird.
>
> The actual model used by the spec is this: The implementation follows
> an algorithm for each part of the processing model.
Coming back to a previous post, could you list all the parts of what you
call processing model. I'll try to start:
- Binding Attachment and detachment
- Shadow Content generation and destruction
- Script execution
- Event handling

Do you consider parsing, cascading (CSS processing), rendering (SVG,
HTML) as part of the XBL processing model ?
> That algorithm
> doesn't consider error cases.
Could you add a paragraph like the following either in the Introduction
or Conformance section ? I think this would help understand your view.

"An XBL implementation follows an algorithm for each part of the XBL
processing model. The processing model implies the following parts [to
be completed] described in this specification. This algorithm allows to
interoperably process conformant and non-conformant XBL content.
Therefore, the algorithm describes how to handle erroneous content (e.g.
multiple template elements in a binding element ...). However, authors
should not create non-conformat content."

Thanks,

Cyril