Re: [XBL] Scoped Style Sheets

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Cyril Concolato wrote:

> Ian Hickson a ecrit :
>
>  On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Cyril Concolato wrote:
>

>  In Section 2.5 "the content Element", please remove the "scoped style
> sheet". I suggest using "stylesheets loaded from the 'style' elements of
> this binding."
>

>  I don't understand the reason for this request. Could you elaborate?
>

> My problem is that the term 'scoped' was unclear at this location.
> Scoped by what ? I understood it as scoped by the current binding,
> that's why I suggested a replacement. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong, but if I did that change, it would then read:

   Style sheets loaded from the 'style' elements of this binding: A
   binding file can load style sheets using the style element.

...which seems a bit redundant. Also, the spec uses the term "scoped
stylesheet" to refer to this concept several times, so I don't think it's
particularly unclear. The leading text here IMHO should be short and to
the point, like it is, and then followed by the descriptive,
disambiguating text. (For some background, <style> elements weren't always
the only mechanism for scoping style in XBL; this text has lasted much
longer than the other mechanisms.)