Re: Last call comments on XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Apologies for the tardiness in sending these comments. The XML Core WG
> has reviewed XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0 and offers the following two
> comments.
>
> > 1.4.7. Extension Mechanisms
>
> Section 1.4.7 speaks of the per-element partition of attribute names.
> This is, I think, a holdover from the first edition of Namespaces in
> XML. We suggest that it be updated to the terminology in the latest
> Namespaces REC.

I couldn't work out exactly what the new terminology was from the
Namespces in XML spec, but I've tried to fix the spec. Please let me know
if it is acceptable.

> > 2.16. The id Attribute of XBL Elements
>
> There is, of course, a historical preceding for naming attributes of
> type ID "id". However, we recommend that the attribute of type ID in XBL
> 2.0 be spelled "xml:id".

I don't understand. Could you elaborate on why you recommend making the
attribute name longer?

Thanks for your input,