XForms WG review of XBL2 will be delayed

Hi Dean,

At the last HCG call, participants were solicited for further review of
XBL 2.0.

Based on this request, the XForms WG discussed the review. The working
group is rapidly coming to appreciate the importance and relevance of XBL
2.0 to XForms.  As a result, the working group asked that I request a
further extension of review time.

Three members of the working group have agreed to perform a thorough
review of the specification and to present results for detailed discussion
at the XForms face-to-face taking place March 7-9.  Our goal, should the
extension be possible, would be to provide the review by March 15, 2007.

Please let me know if this is acceptable and/or if this note should be
posted to public-appformats or a similar mailing list.

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Workplace Forms Architect and Researcher
Co-Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Sent by: public-appformats-request@w3.org
02/04/2007 06:57 AM

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
cc
<public-appformats@w3.org>, "Norman Walsh" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Subject
Re: XML Core WG review of XBL2 will be delayed

On 10/01/2007, at 3:22 AM, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> Regarding the XML Core WG review of
>
>>>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xbl-20060907/
>>>     XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0
>>>     edited by Ian Hickson of Google, Inc.
>
> whose review period official deadline is the 12th,
> unfortunately, our reviewer is out of circulation
> until the 22nd.  We still hope to have a review,
> but it will likely be available only by the 26th.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see any review from XML Core.

Note that we've published a new revision of the specification and
extended the date for comments (yet again) to Feb 9th.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xbl-20070117/

Dean