RE: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Igor Netto wrote:

> The upgrade time for embedded system is very different from desktop PC.
> In most cases it's not possible at all to have meaningful upgrades and
> very often people do not bother to upgrade when is possible. In the
> worst case the upgrade "schedule" is the same as the life cycle of the
> device itself: 18 months for mobile phones (in western Europe), 1 or 2
> yars for STBs, and more for other systems.

Two years is less than the upgrade cycle for browsers, so that's probably
ok. It's certainly much less than the upgrade cycle for servers, which is
measured in half-decades at this point. (Also, I doubt today's products
with cycles greater than two years would see much use as regular browsing
devices, so I'm not sure that that's a concern at this point. I agree that
in a few years it might become relevant, though.)