Re: Comments on: Access Control for Cross-site Requests

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 02:17:29 +0100, Close, Tyler J. <tyler.close@hp.com>
wrote:
> There is also a significant factual error in the document's Introduction:
>
> """
> However, it is not possible to exchange the contents of resources or
> manipulate resources "cross-domain".
> """
>
> It *is* possible to manipulate resources "cross-domain". An HTML page
> can contain a FORM which submits an HTTP request "cross-domain".
> Submission of this request can be automated using Javascript. The Same
> Origin Policy only prevents the HTML page from accessing the response to
> the issued request. Manipulation is allowed. Only responses are
> protected, not requests.

Ian already replied to your earlier comment. I believe the introduction is
"fixed" in the editor's draft:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/access-control/#introduction

> Below are comments from Doug Crockford:
>
> [...] I believe there are more elegant and reliable approaches to
> providing a safe alternatives to the script tag hack.

I'd be interested in hearing about such a proposal.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>