Re: widget namespace

Hi Marcos,

On Aug 28, 2007, at 14:01, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> A well designed format is one for which people can make uses and
>> extensions unforeseen by the creator. Putting a namespace here is
>> zero-cost, not putting it is just begging to look stupid down the
>> line.
>
> Appealing to our ego's is a nice rhetorical trick, but it's better to
> keep the arguments on a technical level:-)

Actually "looking stupid down the line" wasn't an appeal to ego, it's
just a way of giving a little perspective over time. My experience
with specs is that altogether too often they had a chance of using an
extension mechanism early, and those that didn't tend to look back
and go "whoops" — that's technical, or at least motivated in reality.
I do have rhetorical tricks, but they're usually less subtle ;-)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
E-prime is cool!