[WAPF-Req] less file-centric - proposal

From: (wrong string) ńsk <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:11:12 +0200
To: "Marcos Caceres" <m.caceres@qut.edu.au>
Cc: public-appformats@w3.org
Hi Marcos,

Following your suggestion I've made some improvements I'd suggest -
see the attachment.

I agree with all that you wrote. However, I wouldn't be so eager to
make compromises.
> Please note that the best technical solution might not be the easiest solution for developers
In my opinion this is going to be a lightweight specification, orders
of magnitude easier to implement (especially given a readily usable
MIME implementation, if my previously suggested direction with
multipart subtype were followed) than e.g. even a single module of
CSS.

I also agree with Mark that the need for manifests should be
sufficiently justified. If during further work it turns out that
packages without manifests make sense (although I doubt it), they
could be made optional.

Best regards,

Chris