Re: A question on sXBL and XBL 2.0

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:51:00 +0200, Hervé Girod
<herve.girod@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> I just saw on W3C Web site that Web appformats WG has released a Last
> Call Working Draft for XBL 2.0, and I have some questions about the WG
> strategy about XBL 2.0 / sXBL relationship.
>
> - will the sXBL working draft be dropped in favor of the more general
> XBL 2.0 (there is a specific chapter on XBL 2.0 with SVG, and it seems,
> by looking at the table of contents, that the xSBL TOC is a subset of
> XBL 2. TOC too) ?

That's my understanding. I'm not sure if there are any plans to update
sXBL to point that out though. I suppose that would be a good thing to do
once XBL 2.0 reaches either Candidate Recommendation or Recommendation
status.

> - is sXBL a subset of XBL 2.0, or is there some (volontary) subtle
> differences between the two recomandations ?

http://annevankesteren.nl/2005/11/xbl lists the differences, but it hasn't
been updated to take later changes into account. Then again, I think there
aren't that many (later changes).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>