Re: IBM Position Statement on XForms and Web Forms 2.0

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Perhaps, theoretically, it may be XML.  But practically speaking, using
> an XHTML DOCTYPE, xmlns attribute and/or XML declaration is virtually
> irrelevant, and documents served as text/html will be handled as tag
> soup, not XML.  So for all intents and purposes, such documents should
> be considered to be HTML.

In a typical browser, yes. However I routinely download such pages with
non-browser-tools based on XML parsers; and there the results are quite
different. In these contexts, the XML-nature of these pages is very
useful to me.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!