Re: My position on Web Forms 2.0 and the future of XForms

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:19:24 +0300
To: "Matthew Raymond" <mattraymond@earthlink.net>, public-appformats@w3.org

Hello!

I agree with your position.

Just two comments:

Le Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:12:14 +0300, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond@earthlink.net> a écrit:

> 2) Web Forms 2.0 will likely be implemented on most if not all major
> browsers within a few of years. (In fact, Opera already has at least
> some support, and Mozilla has already begun implementation.)

AFAIK, Opera has complete support for WF2. It's experimental, but
complete, and, of course, there's room for improvement.

> 2) DHTML implementations of the current XForms would need less code and
> would run faster when built on top of WF2.

XBL2 could also be used for implementating XForms and it would run even
faster on top of WF2.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future