Re: [XBL] Namespace prefixes in Selectors

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:47:35 +0000
To: dino@w3.org
Cc: public-appformats@w3.org, ian@hixie.ch

Hi,

From: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
>>Woops. This is actually a problem. Selectors are case-insensitive and
>>XMLNS prefixes are case-sensitive, so I need to declare how you map  from
>>one to the other.
>>
>>I've tried writing some text for this.
>>

>>Please let me know if this e-mail and the changes made along with  it
>>don't
>>satisfy your comments.
>>
>>You can see the editor's draft here:
>>
>>    http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/xbl2/Overview.html?
>>content-type=text/html
>
>Actually, could you please let us know if it *does* satisfy your  comments?

Actually, as an author I'd expect prefixes in selectors really be
case-sensitive for XBL, because the namespace declarations are
case-sensitive. Just like type selectors are case-ensitive for XML but not
for HTML, the prefixes in selectors should be case-sensitive in XBL but not
in CSS (IMHO). But perhaps the Selectors specification should address this.

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Kom i form med stegräknare http://www.msn.se/halsa/tappa/