XForms vs WF2 a new kid on the block is needed

From: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:28:22 +0200
To: public-appformats@w3.org

Dear all,

The recent discussions in this list about Web Forms 2 and XForms have
convinced us of  the correctness and accuracy of Telefonica's position
(and NexaWeb's) in the WAF group.

It is needed a declarative user interface abstract description language
intended to the development of applications. That format will hide
developers from the underlying forms model and their wars.

We, as developers, and telco operators, can't wait for a forms standard
that "perhaps" solves web application development  issues . A
declarative format it is needed. We need to be hidden from the browser
technology. Applications are in an abstraction layer that is above the
document-oriented browser-layer.

Best Regards