Re: [XBL] Editorial: xblSetInsertionPoint()

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 22:54:32 +0000 (UTC)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 03:29:14 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > > A somewhat clear description of what it does, or pointer to the
> > > appropriate section, wouldn't hurt either (I've seen the example added
> > > in CVS, didn't help much).
> >
> > I don't really understand why the current definition is unclear, but maybe
> > I've spent too much time nose-first in the spec to really have a clear
> > view. Any suggestions?
>
> It's hard to give suggestions when I don't know what it does.

It just assigns a node to a particular <content> element instead of having
it be assigned to the first one that it matched. e.g. so you can have a
particular tab showing through an insertion point and have the others
hidden from view until another is picked... basically, exactly what it
says in the spec. :-P