Re: [Widgets] Restriction to index.html

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the suggestion. Like you said, despite what is currently said
in the spec, it will not be a requirement that a widget package contain
an 'index.html' file anywhere. The manifest format will provide a
(yet-to-be-specified) mechanism to allow authors to declare which file
launches first. This will overcome the is issues related to having an
"index.<extension>" and accommodate implementations, such as Yahoo!'s
Widget Engine, that don't use HTML to as the UI language. That way,
developers can name their "index" file whatever they want. However, we
should nevertheless recommend that developers name their main widget
file "index.<extension>" for the sake of consistency. I personally would
not like to formally specify "index.<extension>" as the required file
name, particularly in an internationalized context.

Here is a hypothetical example of the launching mechanism:

<widget src="/calendar/funkyCal.svg" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets">
    ...other metadata...
</widget>

Kind regards,