widgets feedback

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:58:59 -0500
To: public-appformats@w3.org

It's not clear why you need a new XML format for config. It seems
rather optimistic to assume that a format almost identical to RSS/Atom
entries will retain a text-only content model. That is how RSS2
started out.

Won't be long before you see

<description>My &lt;b&gt;awesome&lt;/b&gt; new extension!</description>

All of the widget platforms will have to ship a feed parser anyway.
Use a content model identical to an Atom Entry or RSS2 Item, so we
don't get another title/link/description format and accompanying
semantic drift. It occurs to me that a feed of widgets might be neat.

--

Robert Sayre