[XBL] Editorial (Existential?): name vs identifier

From: Marcos Caceres <m.caceres@qut.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:10:04 +1000
To: public-appformats@w3.org

In section 2.6 it reads, "The id attribute assigns a name to an
element." I find this assertion inaccurately as names usually things
given to things liberally without regard for uniqueness.

Given that "id" is short of identifier anyway, I personally think that
statement should read:

"The id attribute assigns an identifier to an element."

If the change is accepted, then the proceeding sentence would also need
to change from:
"The given name must be unique in the binding document."

"The given identifier must be unique in the binding document."